Slate Rock Oxford Shingle Metal Roofing
Note: Aged Bronze, Weathered Wood, and Copper Patina are part of the “Premium Color Series.”
The Beauty of Slate Rock Roofing Paired with the Benefits of Aluminum Metal Roofing
The Slate Rock Oxford Shingle is a unique product that combines the proven design and integrity of Oxford Shingle with the colors and texture of elegant slate roofing. Never before has a metal roofing product offered homeowners a slate product with such refined beauty and realistic coloring. We apply our proprietary four-layer PVDF coating from Valspar in a unique print process that enhances Oxford Shingle’s three-dimensional detail. This coating provides the stately beauty that offers a high-end, classic look for any home style.
The Slate Rock coating includes a layer of clear PVDF for incredibly enhanced durability and scratch resistance. This product truly is the latest development in residential metal roofing technology, pushing far ahead of competing products. And, it comes with our fully transferable and non-pro-rated Lifetime/40 Year Transferable Limited Warranty.
We engineer every Classic Metal Roof to the highest standards of quality and performance. We are committed to conducting business with the highest standards of values and excellence.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
Classic Metal Roof Systems offers the industry’s most comprehensive lifetime limited warranty available. Our warranty guarantees your roof will not chip, peel, flake, blister, burn, rust, split, or crack with age. Additionally, our paint systems carry a non-pro-rated 30-Year Limited Warranty ensuring your roof’s finish will resist fade and chalk. And if you sell your home the warranty transfers to all future owners, extending 40 years from the point of installation. If your roof does experience a warranted failure, we will cover the cost of materials and workmanship to repair or replace your roof.
We provide a warranty at this level of coverage because our products and technology are proven. In over 30 years of roofing thousands of homes across the world, Classic Metal Roofing Systems has had fewer than ten warranted claims. We are proud of that track record, and we remain committed to set new standards of excellence for years to come.
- Available in a variety of Kynar 500® or Hylar 5000® PVDF resin-based finishes
- Concealed fasteners for ultimate protection
- Maintenance free: will not rust, crack, or rot
- Resists streaking and staining
- Works well for even harsh coastal applications
- Manufactured from heavy .024″ thick 95% recycled content aluminum alloy
- Has passed wind tests required by Dade County, Florida.
- Will not burn and protects against flying embers from wildfires or chimneys
- Four-way interlocking panels hold tight
- Sheds ice and snow faster than many other roofs
- Will not absorb water or become waterlogged
- Will not rot or support insects
- Fade and chalk resistant
- Lifetime Limited Warranty
- Energy Star Partner
- “Cool Coatings” reflect radiant heat
- Made from quality, up to 99% recycled aluminum, the majority of which is post-consumer.
- Can usually be installed over existing roofs; allows you to invest in a better roof rather than landfill disposal of your old one
Pre-Formed Flashings and Accessories:
- Hip / Ridge caps
- Self-cleaning valley
- Combination starter strip/drip edge
- Gable edge trim
- Sidewall flashing
- Vent pipe flashing
- Matching coil stock
- Color-matched butyl sealant
- RoofAquaGuard underlayments
- Aluminum screw-shank nails
- Unique fastening clips
- Optional snow guards
- Available foam inserts for high traffic areas
Panel measurements: 60? x 12?, 20 panels per 100 square feet;
Weight: 40 pounds per square
Slate Rock Oxford has a four-way interlock that locks each panel to the surrounding panels. The panels are secured to the roof using aluminum fastening clips. The clips are attached to the panels’ top locks, allow the panels to expand and contract as necessary. The product’s low weight allows installation over many existing roofs.
Aluminum: .024” thick roofing panels; Matching accessories are .019” or .024” thick aluminum
All aluminum panels and accessories are made of 3105-H25 aluminum sheet (minimum tensile strength 26,000 psi; minimum yield strength 22,000 psi) or equivalent. Made from quality, up to 99% recycled aluminum, the majority of which is post-consumer.
Minimum Roof Pitch: 3:12
Finish: Industry-leading PVDF coating technology
Slate Rock Oxford is coated with a baked-on protective primer and a Kynar 500® or Hylar 5000® PVDF resin-based coating to provide a high-quality finish. Kynar 500® or Hylar 5000® are trade names for polyvinylidene fluoride resin. The backs of the panels are finished with a protective clear coat. The finish includes reflective pigment to enhance the product’s energy efficiency.
For more information or architectural specifications, contact us.
Kynar 500® is a registered trademark belonging to Arkema Inc.
Hylar 5000® is a registered trademark belonging to Solvay
Interested in learning more about our LIFETIME warranty? Want to speak with a roofing expert to help give your home the last roof it'll ever need? Send us a message and we'll get in touch to help you!