Oxford Shingle Metal Roofing
The look of composition shingles with the benefits of metal roofing
Asphalt or fiberglass composition shingles have been the most popular roofing material over the last fifty years. They provide a clean look for most homes and, up until the last twenty years, could last 18-20 years. However, petroleum is an essential ingredient in composition shingles. As oil prices went higher and higher, composition companies began to skimp on the amount of petroleum used in their shingles. This skimping has led to a direct decrease in the product’s performance. Today composition shingles often last only 8-15 years.
Seeing this trend, Classic set out to engineer an aluminum panel that emulated the look of composition shingles while providing the proven benefits of metal roofing. Oxford Shingle is the perfect solution for someone who wishes to maintain the traditional look of their home while investing in the last roof they’ll ever need. The clean, simple lines blend with any home and are accepted by any homeowners association. Many homeowner associations and architectural review boards have seen products like Oxford Shingle as the key to allowing their residents to enjoy the many benefits of metal roofing.
- Available in a variety of Kynar 500® or Hylar 5000® PVDF resin-based finishes
- Concealed fasteners for ultimate protection
- Maintenance-free: will not rust, crack, or rot
- Resists streaking and staining
- Works well for even harsh coastal applications
- Manufactured from heavy .024″ thick 95% recycled content aluminum alloy
- Has passed wind tests required by Dade County, Florida
- Will not burn and protects against flying embers from wildfires or chimneys
- Four-way interlocking panels hold tight
- Will not absorb water or become waterlogged
- Will not rot or support insects
- Fade and chalk resistant
- Lifetime Limited Warranty
- Energy Star Partner
- “Cool Coatings” reflect radiant heat
- Made from 95% post-consumer recycled aluminum
- Can usually be installed over existing roofs; allows you to invest in a better roof rather than landfill disposal of your old one
The Last Roof Your Home Will Ever Need
- Classic Metal Roofing Systems come with the world’s best non-prorated Lifetime Limited Warranty
- Warrantied up to 150 MPH winds
- If you transfer ownership of your home, the new owner receives a 40-year warranty on the roof
Oxford Shingle is a Lifetime Roofing System
At Classic, we know that you have worked hard for what you have. You’re rightfully proud of the home you have provided for you and your family. Every day we strive to manufacture products worthy of your home-products unmatched in quality, benefits, and beauty. Oxford Shingle is no exception. Oxford Shingle is a lifetime roofing system of the highest quality and design. The revolutionary paint system is guaranteed to resist fading and chalking. The four-way interlocking panels will withstand hurricane-strength winds and hail. Because of aluminum’s high emissivity and our highly reflective coatings, Oxford Shingle can save you up to 25% on your energy bills for the rest of your life.
We engineer every Classic Metal Roof to the highest standards of quality and performance, and we are committed to conducting business to the highest standards of values and excellence.
Roofing Underlayments and other materials can be an essential part of building performance. Classic Metal Roofing Systems is a product distributor of the RoofAquaGuard family of high-performance underlayments and other materials.
Oxford Shingle is an attractive aluminum roofing system designed to provide a beautiful, long-lasting, durable, and energy-efficient alternative to traditional roofing materials like standard shingles and slate. The large interlocking panels minimize seams on the roof and feature all concealed fasteners.
Pre-Formed Flashings and Accessories:
- Hip / Ridge caps
- Self-cleaning valley
- Combination starter strip/drip edge
- Gable edge trim
- Sidewall flashing
- Vent pipe flashing
- Matching coil stock
- Color-matched butyl sealant
- Roof AquaGuard underlayments
- Aluminum screwshank nails
- Unique fastening clips
- Optional snow guards
- Available foam inserts for high traffic areas
Panel measurements: 60″ x 12″, 20 panels per 100 square feet;
Weight: 40 pounds per square
Oxford Shingles have a four-way interlock that locks each panel to the surrounding panels. The panels are secured to the roof using aluminum fastening clips. The clips are attached to the panels’ top locks, allow the panels to expand and contract as necessary. The product’s low weight allows installation over many existing roofs.
Aluminum: .024″ thick roofing panels; Matching accessories are .019″ or .024″ thick aluminum
We make all aluminum panels and accessories out of 3105-H25 aluminum sheet (minimum tensile strength 26,000 psi; minimum yield strength 22,000 psi) or equivalent. The aluminum has a minimum of 95% recycled content.
Minimum Roof Pitch: 3:12
Finish: Industry-leading PVDF coating technology
We coat our Oxford Shingle with a baked-on protective primer and a Kynar 500® or Hylar 5000® PVDF resin-based coating to provide a high-quality finish. Kynar 500® and Hylar 5000® are trade names for polyvinylidene fluoride resin. We finish the backs of the panels with a protective clear coat. The finish includes reflective pigment to enhance the product’s energy efficiency.
For more information or architectural specifications, contact us.
Kynar 500® is a registered trademark belonging to Arkema Inc.
Hylar 5000® is a registered trademark belonging to Solvay.
Interested in learning more about our LIFETIME warranty? Want to speak with a roofing expert to help give your home the last roof it'll ever need? Send us a message and we'll get in touch to help you!